Last Updated: February 27, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Your name and email address are collected when you send a message through our contact forms. This information is used only to respond to your inquiry.
If you contact us directly by email, we may receive additional information about you, such as your phone number, the contents of the message, attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Newsletter Opt-in via ConvertKit
Your name and email address are stored when you sign up for our newsletter. By subscribing, you consent to receive regular email updates from us. These newsletters may include relevant content from Digitalaan and other sites, as well as product and service promotions. Each email newsletter will have a link to opt out of future mailings.
Third-party Use of Personal Information
We are currently using third-party service providers, which may use your personal or device information, to service various aspects of this website. These third-party service providers are the following:
- Google Analytics – a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Analytics helps us understand how our visitors use Digitalaan.
- Google Search Console – a web service by Google which allows us to check indexing status, search queries, and crawling errors and optimize website visibility. We use this primarily as a website maintenance tool.
Sassy Social Share Plugin
Sassy Social Share is a GDPR compliant social sharing plugin. For more information on what personal data this plugin saves, please refer to this page: https://support.heateor.com/gdpr-and-our-plugins/.
- If you leave a comment on the site, you may opt to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
You may instruct your browser to refuse all cookies. Furthermore, existing cookies may be deleted at any time via your browser. However, by deactivating the setting of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Log files record anonymous visitor data when they visit websites. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, operating system, browser type, date and time stamp, referring website, pages you viewed, and other statistics. These data help in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.